Code of Conduct
WPP Code of Conduct
The following Code of Business Conduct (“the Code”) has been approved by the Board of Directors of WPP.
WPP and its companies operate in many markets and countries throughout the world. In all instances, we respect national laws and industry codes of conduct. We are committed to acting ethically in all aspects of our business and to maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- We, the officers and staff of all companies in the WPP group (“the Group”), recognize our obligations to all who have a stake in our success including share owners, clients, staff, and suppliers;
- Information about our business shall be communicated clearly, and accurately in a non-discriminatory manner and in accordance with local regulations;
- We select and promote our people on the basis of their qualifications and merit, without discrimination or concern for race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability;
- We believe that a workplace should be safe and civilized; we will not tolerate sexual harassment, discrimination or offensive behavior of any kind, which includes the persistent demeaning of individuals through words or actions, the display or distribution of offensive material, or the use or possession of weapons on WPP or client premises;
- We will not tolerate the use, possession or distribution of illegal drugs, or our people reporting for work under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- We will treat all information relating to the Group’s business, or to its clients, as confidential. In particular, ‘insider trading’ is expressly prohibited and confidential information must not be used for personal gain;
- We are committed to protecting consumer, client and employee data in accordance with national laws and industry codes;
- We will not knowingly create work which contains statements, suggestions or images offensive to general public decency and will give appropriate consideration to the impact of our work on minority segments of the population, whether that minority be by race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability;
- We will not undertake work which is intended or designed to mislead, including in relation to social, environmental and human rights issues;
- We will consider the potential for clients or work to damage the Group’s reputation prior to taking them on. This includes reputational damage due to participating in business activities that abuse human rights;
- We will not for personal or family gain directly or indirectly engage in any activity which competes with companies within the Group or with our obligations to any such company;
- We will not offer any items of personal inducement to secure business. This is not intended to prohibit appropriate entertainment or the making of occasional gifts of minor value unless the client has a policy which restricts this;
- We will not accept for our personal benefit goods or services of more than nominal value from suppliers, potential suppliers or other third parties;
- We will not have any personal or family conflicts of interest within our businesses or with our suppliers or other third parties with whom we do business;
- No corporate contributions of any kind, including the provision of services or materials for less than the market value, may be made to politicians, political parties or action committees, without the prior written approval of the Board of Directors.
- We will comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and any other laws with an international reach, such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, where relevant.
We will continue to strive to make a positive contribution to society and the environment by: maintaining high standards of marketing ethics; respecting human rights; respecting the environment; supporting community organizations; supporting employee development; and managing significant corporate responsibility risks in our supply chain. Our Corporate Responsibility Policy provides more detail about our commitments in these areas.